Thursday, August 17, 2006

What’s the secret of forming a LLC out of state/ or offshore and keeping it Legal?

Ok, here's the question,
I have a sole owner business, which I'm switching to a LLC, everything I do in the business is done online/internet, ecommerce, I do not do any physical business in my state (Texas). This a virtual business, banking, accounting, all passive income, supplies, all passive income tax is done on an electronic form W-9.
The only thing that is physically done in my state is logging into my PC which resides at my home in Texas and a P.O.Box. But I also have a couple of laptops that I use for business travel.

I would like to register my LLC in Nevada, Delaware, Utah, or Wyoming, to take advantage of the better benefits for registering in those states besides being cheaper to register. Will I be complicating things by not registering in Texas, will their be issues with IRS, or any other state, or government entity that's going to bite me in the a??, later on down the road. I know this possible I read about LLCs in different states and offshore LLCs all the time. What’s the secret of doing this? Just need direction and advice on whether to form out of state, what steps I need to do or just form in Texas and bite the bullet.
Appreciate any advice given, Thanks,

No comments: